Saturday, May 4, 2019

Chinese Kitchen - Naperville, IL




My family and I went to Chinese Kitchen in Naperville, IL for lunch today.  This is a place that we went to perhaps 22 or 23 years ago.  We recall fondly going there for dinners when we lived in the area back then.

I asked the waitress if it was the same management and she confirmed that it was.  My daughter remembered the inside of the place and also walking up the stairs to the restaurant when she was younger.

Overall, the food had good "wok hei" flavor to the dishes.  My wife said that her "Dry Beef Chow Fun" (see bottom photo) as good, but a bit too salty.  Overall, all the dishes were perhaps a bit too salty, but not unbearable, just a bit heavy handed.  Each came with soup (egg drop or hot and sour) and an egg roll.

The top photo was a dish called Hong Sue Pork (with fried rice), the middle photo was Shrimp in Lobster Sauce, and of course the bottom photo was Dry Beef Chow Fun.  The dishes ranged from $6.25 to $6.95.

Overall, it was decent, but could have been better.  Still, I'd go back again.  Their reviews on Yelp seem all over the place... some like them, others don't.  Regardless, the staff is very friendly and I'd definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment