Monday, September 16, 2019

70th Birthday Dinner at Lee Wing Wah Restaurant - Chinatown - Chicago















Last night, our family celebrated the 70th Birthday of my "Aunt-in-law" (is that the real way to say it?) at Lee Wing Wah Restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown Square.

In my haste to get the shots quickly so that others at our table could get to the food and eat it, several photos came out a bit more blurred than I preferred.  But, I think you can still get an idea of what we had for dinner.

We started out with a cold plate of Char Siu, Jelly Fish, Pork Belly, and Pigs Knuckles.  Next, there was a Corn Chowder Soup, Mushrooms and Sea Cucumbers, Honey Walnut Shrimp, Chicken (my sister-in-law insisted that I take a photo of the chicken head for you to see...), Lobsters, Fried Tofu medallions, Fish (Sole) - the server broke it open before I had a chance to shoot it, Seafood and Vegetables on Pan Fried Noodles, Beef, Gai Lan on Rice Noodles and finally Orange.  And let's not forget, Birthday Cake!

The food was great as always.  We've been to Lee Wing Wah for countless dinners and banquets.  It's one of the better restaurants (and better values) in Chinatown... so make note the next time you go to Chinatown!

Happy Birthday Aunt Ruth!  Wishing you many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment