Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Salad



Salad for dinner. This is a typical one for me. About 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, some shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese and about 3 oz of either pork or chicken (whatever I have as leftovers) and Walmart's Great Value Fat Free Ranch "Classic" Dressing. Overall calories about 584 calories. It's a lot of salad for that amount of calories.  It usually fills me up!

The Fat Free Ranch Dressing has 30 calories per 2 TBSP.  That's lower than most other creamy salad dressings.  This why I use it.  I tend to put on a lot of dressing, so it's important for me to get the lowest calorie count dressing available.  I am not a big fan of vinaigrette dressings and prefer the creamy type instead.

Update Note:  After eating the Fat Free Ranch dressing, I've decided I'd rather have Kraft 1000 Island - Fat Free instead.  It's 50 calories per TBSP, but if I put on only 8 TBSP, I can keep the overall count to 557 calories.  The Ranch dressing has way too much garlic for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment