Sunday, January 7, 2018

Texas de Brazil - Schaumburg, IL





My daughter took us to Texas de Brazil in Schaumburg Sunday night to celebrate our birthdays just a bit early (we share the same birthday). Our birthdays are on Jan 15.

I only ate a banana and two hard boiled eggs in the morning and nothing else in preparation for the gorging we were going to do at the all-you-can-eat restaurant. It was a meat-eater's dream! Not sure how many calories I ate, but it was a lot more meat than I have had at one time for a long time.

Salad bar was great too, but did you notice there's no actual salad on my plate... just shrimp, smoked salmon, fish and a piece of sushi?  I liked the Lobster Bisque, but I couldn't find any lobster in it.  I had two bowls of it!  My wife had only the salad bar as she's not really a big meat eater.  Besides, she likes everything "well-done".  I don't think there were too many well-done cuts of meat coming out there.  For me, I usually tell people that I like my meat "medium", but I'll eat it any way they bring it out to me!

Sorry, but they only bring you one meat at a time, and so by the time the next person brought another piece, the first piece was already gone... so the photos are rather sparse of the meat on the plate.  I should have counted, but let's say the amount of meat I ate was perhaps 12 times the amount you see on the plate!

Most of the meat coming out were really good.  The only ones I didn't think were really that good was the leg of lamb (we all thought it tasted just a bit off to us, even though we have had lamb in the past) and surprisingly, the BBQ beef brisket.  While the brisket actually was good, it wasn't as moist as I had hoped and it had way too much barbecue sauce on it.  I think I would have preferred it only to be salt and pepper rather than being sauced.  Still good, but not what I had hoped for.  All the other meat was top notch!  I really liked the top sirloin and the fillet mignon!  I passed on the bacon-wrapped chicken though.  I've had plenty of chicken during my diet!  I gained three pounds on this meal, but I'm not sad... I'll lose that again within the week.

OK... back on the diet!

(Edit Note:  I lost all of the three pounds gained within one week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment