Sunday, October 4, 2020

Rib Eye on the Anova Sous Vide and Seared on a Possible Blacklock Skillet

 







My daughter and son-in-law came over for the weekend for my wife's birthday.  I made ribs, my wife made egg rolls and potstickers and my son-in-law made a chocolate cake and rib eye steaks.

The steaks were seasoned with course pepper, garlic powder and thyme.  After searing, flaky sea salt was added.

We put the steaks in the Anova Sous Vide tank and cooked them for 2 hours at 135 degrees to get medium rare steaks.  Afterwards my son-in-law seared them in my "Possible" Blacklock vintage skillet.  The skillet was placed in our Breville Toaster Oven and preheated at 400 degrees for around 10-15 minutes.  We then move it outside and he seared the steaks on the skillet over a butane burner.

The steaks were a perfect medium-rare!  One of the best steaks I have ever had!  He did a great job.


No comments:

Post a Comment