Thursday, November 5, 2020

9.5 lbs of Pork Butt on the 18.5" WSM Smoker

 


It's been a while since I last smoked something but the weather was going to hit the 70's today, so I thought I'd smoke up some pork butt!

9.5 lbs of Hormel pork shoulder (bone-in) went on the 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker today and I cooked it at 275 degrees to start and then allowed the smoker to drop to the 235 degree range.  I cooked the meat until the stall and then wrapped it at around 155 degrees internal temp.

The total time was 9 hours to finish the cook.

This was undoubtedly the BEST pulled pork I've ever made!  Total time to pull the meat was perhaps 10 seconds!  It literally fell apart.  The bone came out cleanly.  I think it may be due to the quality of the meat.  This Hormel pork shoulder was soft in the packaging unlike other pork shoulder (pork butts) I have bought in the past.  The extra nice thing was that it was on sale for only $0.99 per pound!  I will get another one and make Char Siu out of it before the sale ends!






No comments:

Post a Comment