Monday, July 31, 2017

Three Full Racks of Baby Back Ribs

I smoked three full racks of baby back ribs today.  No photos to show, but I thought I'd post this anyway so I can remember how the ribs turned out.

I smoked the ribs on my 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain smoker.  I cut each slab in half and put three sections in the lower grate and three on the upper grate.  I did not add any wood.  (If I don't use wood, is it still considered smoking??). After 2 hours at 250 degrees, I put the ribs in a foil pan.  I put a relatively small amount of Sweet Baby Ray's Original sauce on the ribs and closed the pans up with sheets of aluminum foil.  After another 2 hours, I removed the ribs.

I didn't do the ribs the "regular 3-2-1 way.  Instead, I did it 2-2 instead.  Actually, they weren't bad at all.  The ribs still had a decent bite to them and came off the bone relatively easily too.  So, perhaps 2-2 ribs work ok for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment