Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Zante Pizza and Indian Cuisine - San Francisco



After watching a YouTube video about Zante Pizza and Indian Cuisine in San Francisco, I decided to go there with my sister.  I ordered online and got a phone call from the business to confirm I had placed my order.  I told them I did place it and also mentioned that we would be dining in the restaurant.

When we arrived, the owner handed me the pizza in a cardboard box.  When I told him we wanted to eat in the restaurant, he said, "It's closed."  Well the tables were all set up, but nobody was in there, so perhaps he didn't want to deal with us messing up the tables?  Who knows.  Disappointed, I took the pizza back the my sister's home to eat it.

Obviously, it was no longer hot by the time we got home and while the pizza wasn't bad, it wasn't spectacular either.  It just tasted like Indian food served up on a pizza crust.

We ordered the "The Best Indian Pizza" - Per the menu: "Topped with Spinach, Egg Plant, Cauliflower, Ginger, Garlic, Green Onions, Cilantro, Lamb, Tandoori Chicken & Prawns. Choice of small, medium, large, or x-large."

Shrimp was really small.  All I could really taste was the cauliflower and the Indian spices.  I really could not taste the lamb at all.  The tandoori chicken was dry (as I find most tandoori chicken.)

Will I go back?  Probably not.  I think for the $23 with tax, I'd rather just go to an Indian buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment