Friday, October 13, 2017

Two Racks of Baby Back Ribs on the 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain






I purchased two racks of ribs from Aldi for $2.89 per pound and smoked them up on the 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain.  I smoked them at around 285 degrees on average for 2 hours on the rack, 2 hours wrapped and another 0.5 hours on the rack unwrapped.

Not bad, but I should have spread the sauce out more to make sure all surface area was covered.  The areas not covered in sauce were a bit dryer than they should have been.  Still, the smoke ring was very deep and the flavor was just fine.  I did not use any wood for smoking, but rather just the charcoal to flavor the meat with smoke.  I also used my typical modified Pork Barrel BBQ All American Seasoning & Rub that contained more salt and paprika.  The water pan has water in it at 3/4 full.  The pan was lined with aluminum foil to make it easier to clean afterwards.

I am learning that you can't cut corners when smoking.  Even something as simple as spreading the sauce evenly across the meat when wrapping can make a difference.  I also did not add apple juice this time in the wrapped pan and so the meat was not as moist as it probably could have been.  Next time, I'll have to remember to do every step for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment