Monday, March 19, 2018

4.25 lb Catfish on the Weber Red Kettle Premium Grill




The second cook on the Weber Red Kettle was a 4.25 lb catfish!

I filleted the fish but kept the skeleton.  I like cooking the bones as well on catfish because the bones are very large and easy to deal with.  A lot of meat gets lost during filleting, but if you keep the bones and cook it as well, you get a lot out of the remaining flesh on the bones!

The fish was seasoned with Old Bay and yellow corn meal and then placed on the grill.  I flipped the fish a couple of times and took the fish off the grill when the internal temperature reached 145 degrees on my Thermapen Mk IV.  Turned out great!

My wife and daughter and I thought it was really good.  You could definitely taste the charcoal flavoring besides the Old Bay seasoning.  I had grilled a catfish in the past similarly but used the Weber Spirit E-310 propane gas grill.  In comparison, we all thought this one was much better.  Having that charcoal made all the difference.  We'll do this again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment