Saturday, April 18, 2020

Instant Pot Beef Stew While Sheltering In Place










I've made Instant Pot Beef Stew before, but this time it was quicker because I knew what to do.

I used beef that was precut for stewing purchased from Costco.  It is a cheaper cut, but it doesn't matter since the pressure cooking tenderizes the meat really well anyway.  The beef was first browned in a 14" wok on the stove rather than using the sauté option on the Instant Pot since there was so much meat.  It's just easier that way.

I added a large can of diced tomatoes, celery, baby carrots and potatoes (most were wrapped in foil before placing in the Instant Pot so that they would not become too mushy).  Seasoning included salt, pepper, parsley flakes, 3 bay leaves.

I set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook and set the timer for 30 minutes.  After pressure was reached, the 30 minute countdown happens.  After it was done, I allowed it to sit in the pot for another 12 minutes under pressure before doing a quick release.

Rice was cooked in a rice cooker.

Easy and fast, it tasted great. The meat was so tender as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment