Monday, April 27, 2020

Enjoying My Woks More
















Yes, I would have to say... since this "Shelter In Place" order from our Governor, I have been enjoying using my woks a lot more!

While I do enjoy cooking on my cast iron skillets, the wok seems more versatile to me.  Cooking up fried rice (seems I've been doing this at least every other day or more), frying up chicken or egg rolls, browning beef for beef stew or cooking up blue crabs... it works for everything it seems!

The wok heats up very quickly too whether it is on the outside burner or on the stove.  I'm very glad we have a Samsung stove that has an attachment that allows round bottom woks to be used easily!

Does it stick?  Nope.  At first, my rice sticked to the wok.  But after using it so much, the seasoning is building up on the small wok making it virtually non-stick.  Sure, if food is left for a while without stirring or not enough oil placed in the wok, it will stick.  But I'm not talking putting so much oil that it is essentially frying your food.  Just a very small amount in the wok keeps most food from sticking.

Also, when I put oil in the wok, I don't just drizzle it in the middle.  I drip it around the pan's sides so that it eventually just lands in the middle.  This way, the wok has an even distribution of oil on its surface and I don't need to hold the handle and try moving the oil around by rotating the wok.  It's so much easier than putting oil on a skillet!

Looking forward to the next cook with my woks!

No comments:

Post a Comment