Sunday, August 20, 2017

Chicken Legs on the Weber Spirit E-310


I used my Weber Spirit E-310 gas grill to grill up some chicken legs.

I brined the chicken legs for several hours before grilling them.  After I put them on the grill I added more salt and pepper.  Adding more salt was a mistake!  So after I was done grilling the legs, I rinsed them all off with water.

One thing I noticed was how evenly the grill was cooking the chicken legs.  Not a single area of the grill could be found that either overcooked or undercooked the legs more than the other legs!  Again, it proved to me that the grill does not have any hotspots!

The photo above shows the legs after about 20 minutes of cooking time.  I flipped the legs over after 10 minutes and then flipped them again after another 10 minutes.  Both sides had even cooking no matter where it was laid out on the grill!  You can see that in the photo above.  It just instilled to me that the decision to buy this grill was correct.  My old gas grill had hotspots and coldspots!  Not here!

I cooked the chicken for a total of about 35 minutes.  The internal temperatures varied from 170 degrees to 180 degrees.  Properly cooked chicken needs to be at 165 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment