Friday, November 3, 2017

Time For A Diet

I'm on a diet!

My goal is at least 50 lbs in 6 months.  I know I can do it as I've done it before.  I'll limit my caloric intake to no higher than 1700 calories per day.

I'll eat mostly chicken and pork during the diet along with small amounts of vegetables that have lower carbs.  Essentially, this is going to be similar to an Atkins diet, but the main goal is to keep the calorie count down.

A couple of years ago, I did the same thing and lost 50 lbs in about 6 months.  Many years before that, I lost 30 lbs.  I gained all of the weight back every time because I went back to my old ways of eating.  This time, I'll need to maintain the weight loss by continuing with calorie counts under 1800.

However, I found that "cheating" on the diet once per week doesn't seem to affect the diet.  So, I'll "splurge" at least once per week and eat normally, but I'll do that after I've gotten the loss of at least 20 lbs.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment