Tuesday, February 13, 2018

ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk IV

I purchased this ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk IV as an open box unit directly from ThemoWorks.  While I have a ThermoWorks RT-600C pocket thermometer, I wanted a faster reading unit with a larger, backlit screen.  Well, that's this unit!  The nice part too is that if you hold the Thermapen vertically the display changes its orientation so you can read it easier!  Nice!

Edit Note:  After using this device on two cooks of chicken legs on my Weber Spirit E-310 gas grill, I can say that it has made a huge difference in how I grill.  I am able to check individual chicken legs in just a couple of seconds and have the exact temperature displayed!  Because of this, I was able to take the legs that were done off the grill and leave others that needed more time on the grill.  I was not able to do this quickly and easily with the other thermometer.  It was too slow in measuring.  Highly recommended!!

No comments:

Post a Comment