Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Why I Like Smoking So Much


The reason I like smoking so much is that it's easy!  I like the challenge of cooking, but I'm basically lazy when I cook. While other smokers might be easier (pellet smokers, etc) and others are harder to work with, the Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers are (to me) relatively easy to use.
Sure, I have to pour in the charcoal and light it. I have to put rub on the meat. I have to insert thermometer probes into the meat and on top of the grill grate. But that's basically it! While the smoker does its thing, I sit back and watch TV, work on my computer... anything other than cooking. 
I have a Thermoworks Smoke thermometer too to make my job even easier. Because of the remote, I never have to go and check on the temperature by lifting the lid... I just look at the remote while I'm watching TV.

I'll go every now and then and spray the meat with some liquid (usually apple juice) but I let the smoker do the rest of the work. Sometimes, I have to wrap the meat in foil, sometimes not. Then after many hours, I take the meat out, let it rest and then serve it!
There is a little bit of challenge in having to "dial in" the right temp by adjusting the bottom vents, but that's part of the charm of this smoker.
Why do I need three smokers? Various sizes for various amounts of food!
Makes sense to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment