Friday, August 3, 2018

2018 Wisconsin State Fair - Original Cream Puff







I attended the 2018 Wisconsin State Fair on opening day yesterday (Aug 2, 2018).  It was my second time at the fair as I had attended in 2016 as well.

I only ordered one food item... the Original Cream Puff!  You can't go to the fair and not get a cream puff!  It's a requirement!  At $4 per cream puff, they aren't cheap, but well worth it.  You can get discounts if you buy 3 or more, however.

I remember my dad making cream puffs when I was younger.  These reminded me of those, but these are bigger.  A bunch of students get to make them during the fair's running days and they churn out a bunch of them each year.  Plus, you get to see them working as you wait in line to get your cream puffs!

This year, I decided to get one very early in the day to beat the crowds.  But even if you go when there's a crowd, the line moves extremely fast.  They have this down to a science... multiple lines to pay and multiple lines to pick up your order.

Great cream puffs and highly recommended.  The cream highlights Wisconsin's heritage in dairy products.  Even though I am lactose intolerant, I still got one!  By the end of the day, I still did not have any adverse effects from the dairy.  I guess my system agrees with these cream puffs!

To see a lot of photos from the fair from 2016 and 2018, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment