Saturday, August 25, 2018

Chicken Thighs on The 22.5" Weber Kettle and Chicken Legs on the Weber Spirit E-310 Gas Grill






I grilled up some chicken on the 22.5" Weber Kettle and Weber Spirit E-310 Grill today.

I put all of the chicken thighs on the kettle and all of the chicken legs on the gas grill.  As a bonus, I also grilled up some chicken breast skewers for my wife.

The chicken all came out great, although I'd have to admit that the taste from the kettle definitely is better than the gas grill.  While the gas grill is fast and convenient, it doesn't has the same charcoal flavor as a kettle.

I had very little flareups from the chicken fat melting and hitting the coals and gas grill flavorizing bars.  I kept them under control by closing the lids as soon as I could after flipping the chicken pieces.  All were cooked to at least 165 degrees for the internal temperature of the chicken.  Temperature was measured with a ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment