Monday, August 6, 2018

Mumbai Tandoor - Vernon Hills IL


This was the second time I have been to Mumbai Tandoor in Vernon Hills, IL.  I attended both times with my brother for their lunch buffet.

Overall, the food is decent... similar to many other Indian restaurants I have eaten at in the past.  The food is tasty, but not any better or worse than the other places I've eaten.  However, the owner is very friendly and really likes to fill up your water glass if it is even close to half full.

As with most places, Butter Chicken remains my favorite and it does not disappoint here.  Goat curry is also something I like simply because I can't get it anywhere except at an Indian restaurant.

The last time I was here, I paid for the lunches of two of our US Army soldiers.  I saw them dining in the corner and so I told the owner I was going to pay for their lunches.  I didn't say anything to them, but at the end of their meal, the owner told them that I had paid for their lunches in advance.  The guys were so moved that they came over to shake my brother and my hand and say thank you for doing that for them.  We thanked them for their service to our country.  It's a small gesture to pay for our servicemen's lunches considering they put their lives on the line for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment