Friday, August 17, 2018

Three Slabs of Ribs on the 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker



One day after smoking some pork butt for pulled pork, I'm smoking Baby Back Ribs from Smithfield on the WSM!

This time, I've used Kick Butt Rib Rub Hickory for the rub and Hickory wood for the smoke.  I am going to do 2-2-0.25 at 258 degrees... 2 hours unwrapped, 2 hours wrapped in aluminum foil and 15 minutes unwrapped.  I'll put Sweet Baby Ray's original sauce on in the wrap.  No need to measure the meat temperature this way... I'll just monitor the pit temp and keep an eye on the time.

I cut all of the rib racks in half so that I could fit all three slabs onto the top of the rack.  It's tight in there, but I figured the ribs will shrink a bit anyway.

It is drizzling today and expected to rain later in the day (should not affect this cook), so I put the 18.5" WSM under the patio umbrella.
____________________________

The finished product was a bit drier than I preferred.  I did not put apple juice in when wrapping and that really dried the ribs out more than I liked.  Next time, I'm going to put the apple juice back in!



No comments:

Post a Comment