Thursday, September 27, 2018

Pot Roast in a Pressure Cooker








First time making a pot roast in the pressure cooker!

2.8 lbs of meat (trimmed to perhaps 2.25 lbs) were first seared on my Blacklock #8 cast iron skillet.  I placed cut potatoes, carrots and celery on the bottom and then put the meat on top of that.  Beef Broth was used for the liquid.  I added a little bit of salt and pepper and that's about it.

The end result turned out pretty good!  The meat was extremely tender.  Potatoes were a bit too soft.  Perhaps I should have added it halfway into the cook instead, but doing it right from the start is just easier.

The rule of 20 minutes per pound was what I should have done, but I just let it go for an hour.

I'd do this again.  It is about as easy as it gets.

(Sorry for the grainy photos... they were taken with my iPhone 6s+ and there wasn't enough light over the stove!)

No comments:

Post a Comment