Thursday, September 20, 2018

Ribs and Chicken Legs



I am grilling chicken legs a bit differently today.  I purchased two Bayou Classic chicken leg racks and am trying them out.  Once I think it's time to move the legs, I will move each rack to the other side so that the inside legs can get some heat as well.  The legs have Weber's Kickin' Chicken seasoning on them.  A foil drip pan is below the rack below the charcoal grate.

The ribs are baby back ribs cut into thirds.  The rub is a modified Costco Rib Rub with added cayenne pepper in it.  I will do 2-2-0.5 on these.  Temp is rather high today in the smoker hanging around 292 degrees.  We'll see what needs adjustment in time based on this high temp.  I will wrap and add just water in the wrap along with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

______________________________

Two hours into the cook and the legs are done!  Most were in the 185 degrees or higher range.  Very moist chicken!  Crispy skin, but a bit tough due to the lower heat intensity of cooking this way.  Still, it's probably the best chicken legs I've ever done!  I'll do it this way going forward.






No comments:

Post a Comment