Monday, September 10, 2018

Spare Ribs On The 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker and a Surprise Pizza!




Haven't smoked anything in several weeks and so I was getting a bit antsy about it, so I bought some spare ribs at $1.99 / lb.
Yes, no need for the probe in the meat, but I always probe everything. I'll do 2.5 - 1.5 - 0.5 on these at around 260 degrees. Smoking this time on the 18.5" WSM with Kick Butt Hickory Rub and using Hickory wood for the smoke. Water is in the pan. Monitoring with the ThermoWorks Smoke remote.
_______________________________

One hour, 45 mins into the smoke:



__________________________________

Sauced with Sweet Baby Rays and Wrapped at 2.5 hours into the cook:


_______________________________

The finished product.  Ended up doing 2.5 - 1.5 - 0 due to time constraints of getting dinner on the table on time.  Yeah, I could have left them in longer for wrap time to soften it up a little more, but it wasn't bad.  Still tasted great though!  Adding just water in the wrap was fine.  I don't think it really needs Apple Juice.  The added moisture kept the meat from drying out like it did the last time I cooked ribs without any water.  Decent pull back of the meat from the ends of the bones.

_____________________________

We also made a homemade pizza like we did last night, but this time we put it in the smoker to start and finished it up in the oven!  My wife does not like cheese so her half is cheeseless with chicken pieces.  The other half had cheddar / Monterey Jack cheese with sausage.




No comments:

Post a Comment