Monday, April 23, 2018

Beer Can Chicken










Beer Can Chicken... only it was actually a Root Beer Can with Apple Juice in it!

Indirect heat with the two-zone technique having the charcoal placed on one side of the kettle and the chicken on the opposite side.  I kept turning the chicken a quarter turn every 15 minutes and kept doing that until the internal temperature of the chicken reached 165 -175 degrees.  About 1.25 hours, give or take of total cook time.  Very easy to do and the results were great!  Nice crispy skin!  I'll be doing this more often for whole chickens now that I see that the results turn out so good!

I'm not sure that the apple juice was really necessary, however.  I think even just water would do just fine in the can!  You just want the liquid for added moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment