Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pulled Beef Using A Rump Roast





Trying to do some "Pulled BEEF" using a Rump Roast! Usually Chuck Roast is used for this, but rump roast was on sale for $1.99/lb, so I thought I'd see how it would turn out. Rump roast is usually tougher, but we'll see. I injected some beef broth into the meat and cut it in half to speed up the cooking process.

I'll cook this until it stalls (or around 160 degrees) and then I'll put the meat in an aluminum pan and add beef broth and wrap the pan up with foil. I'll keep it in the smoker until the internal temperature hits around 197 degrees or higher.

The rub was McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak rub. Beef Broth was Swansons. I'm using the 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain this time with Pecan Wood for the smoke. I have water in the pan.

______________________________________

Wrapped at 155 degrees and 3 hours into the cook:





______________________________________

The finished product. 4 hours, 15 mins. I think I cooked it too fast. While I was able to pull it, it seemed tougher to pull than pulled pork. Perhaps Chuck Roast is still better to use. Still, this isn't too bad. Taste is great, but a little tougher than I like. I think I'd recommend Chuck over Rump for this! Still flavorful and good though!  



No comments:

Post a Comment