Wednesday, November 21, 2018

New Weber Cover for the 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker


My old cover for the 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain was cracking and way too tight on the smoker.  The last time I used the smoker, I could barely get the cover off as it was getting colder outside.  The cover being made of a harder plastic-coated material just would not let go of the smoker.  It took me quite a while trying to get it off, so I decided to get another cover that is more similar to the one on my 18.5" WSM.

I purchased it for only $19.95 on eBay and it arrived in three days... just as very light snow flurries started to fall!  Sadly, my 14.5" WSM has the same type of hard plastic coated cover as the old 22.5" cover was.  It will eventually crack like the old 22.5" cover, but being smaller and looser fitting, I don't think it will be too much of a problem.  Maybe in time, I'll need to replace that cover too.

No comments:

Post a Comment