Friday, November 2, 2018

Tonkotsu Udon at Marugame Udon - San Francisco












My sister and I went to Marugame Udon for lunch for some Udon noodles.  In Waikiki Hawaii, the company is called Marukame Udon.  I ordered the Tonkotsu Udon with Miso soup.  While taking photos with my iPhone, I dropped my iPad mini on the floor of the restaurant damaging one of the corner edges.  It just scuffed it up, but did not crack the screen or anything major.  Later while trying to get seating, I dropped my cane causing me to move my tray quickly which caused me to spill some of my soup all over the chair and onto the tray.  My iPad mini was in its case but on the tray which of course got the case and the back of the iPad mini all wet with oily soup!  It was not the iPad Mini's day!

Waiting in line to place my order, I took photos of the workers making the Udon noodles.  It's all hand done.  The Tonkotsu Udon had miso soup (very good) and Udon noodles (also very good) with spicy hot oil, a couple pieces of pork and some kind of paste (I don't know what... possibly beans?)  I added some crunchy bits of fried noodles, and cilantro from the condiment bar.  The soup also came with a soft boiled egg on the side which I promptly put into the soup.  It was a bit too running, however.

Overall, the soup was very good as were the Udon noodles and other ingredients.  Well worth getting if you go to San Francisco.  I got the large soup which was $10.90 plus tax.  My sister just got the Udon noodles in a clear broth.  As we left the restaurant, a line was forming outside.  Apparently we got there just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment