Monday, February 18, 2019

16 lbs of Pork Butt on the 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain






I'm at it again! This time two butts, each at 8 lbs (total 16 lbs) on the big 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain smoker! One on the top grate, the other in the middle grate. Both cut in half for a faster cook time. Here they are at 3.25 hours into the cook. Yes, I had to shovel the snow away from the smokers!

I used Kick Butt's Chipotle Honey rub with Cherry wood for smoke.  The photos above are when I first put on the meat and then 3.25 hours later.  The pit temp hovered around 265 to 275 degrees and I wrapped in aluminum foil pans and foil after 4 hours when the meat was obviously stalling at around 165 degrees.  The outdoor temp was around 24 degrees when I started and went to 28 degrees.  Very little wind.
You can see me in the reflection on the lid in the background!
________________________________

The final product.  This was even better than the last cook I did, and I thought that was the best I ever did!  Very moist, very tender, pulled apart totally in my hands (I use gloves...). The bone usually pulls out very clean!



___________________________________

The pork from the middle grate:



No comments:

Post a Comment