Wednesday, February 13, 2019

7 lbs of Pulled Pork on the 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker



I butterflied a 7 lb pork butt for the 18.5" WSM today.  I started the cook at 7:30 AM after letting the smoker reach a pit temperature of 266 degrees.  Outdoor temperature was 13 degrees.  Apple wood was placed for smoke.  Kick Butt Chipotle Honey was used for the rub.

I didn't place a welder's blanket on the smoker because the wind is very minimal today.  I butterflied the pork so that there would be more surface area for more bark and to allow the cook to proceed quicker.
_________________________________

One hour later... pit time was 271 degrees, meat temp 135 degrees.  Outside temp: 13 degrees

________________________________

Here it is after 3 hours of cook time:

________________________________

After 6 hours, I had to put on some more briquettes.  After 9 hours, I decided to stop the cook.  The probe only showed 191 degrees and never went any higher, but the meat was so tender!

This was perhaps the best pulled pork I ever made!  It fell apart in my hands without the use of claws or forks to help pull it apart!  Amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment