Friday, February 8, 2019

Popeyes Fried Chicken



I decided to go to Popeyes for a late lunch today.  I ordered a 3-piece Spicy, Dark Meat meal with fries, a biscuit and a soft drink.  Price was $6.99 plus tax.

I like Popeyes.  The chicken is always nice and crisp and the spice level not over the top.  The biscuit is flaky and the coated fries are nice and crunchy and not oily... much better than just typical fries.

They have a two-piece option for $5 that does not include a drink and the extra piece.  So, is $1.99 worth the cost of a refillable drink and an extra piece of chicken?  I think so.  The three-piece has two thighs and a leg.  I would bet, the two-piece would be one thigh and one leg.  So if you consider a typical piece of chicken might cost around $1.00, then the refillable drink would be $0.99.  I think it's reasonable.

I had compared this chicken in the past to Jollibee's.  It's similar, but they do taste slightly different. I prefer Popeye's, but I can see why the Filipino population would want Jollibee to remind them of the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment