Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Birthday Dinner for My Wife at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants






My wife and I went to Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants in Arlington Heights, IL to celebrate her birthday.  She ordered the Chopstick Chicken Salad and I ordered the Leonard Burger (named after the founder of the restaurant's father).  My wife ordered a glass of some kind of wine and I ordered the Raspberry Ice Tea (I don't drink alcoholic beverages).  We also got a complimentary pretzel bread.

The pretzel bread and butter were good, but the rest... not so good.

Our waitress was very friendly and tried her best to get us to upgrade our food (that's her job), but she was only going to get whatever we planned to get... so no appetizers for us and no bottle of wine either.

Anyway, my french fries were just luke-warm and the bun to my burger was a bit dry.  Rather small in diameter too I might add, although there were two hamburger patties that were cooked medium-well (the waitress said that's how they must make it).  The iced tea was fine after I added some Sweet-N-Low to sweeten it up.

However, my wife's salad was too salty and had way too much dressing on it.  It was dripping out of it!  They probably doubled up on the dressing accidentally.  We don't like to complain at restaurants and she tried to finish it, but just couldn't.  The waitress came over to ask how things were going (she asked 2 or 3 times) so my wife told her that the salad was way too salty and had too much dressing.  She had eaten this salad many times in the past, but at the Wheeling, IL location and it had always been good.  But not this time.  So the waitress told us that she would call the manager so that he could see for himself.  The manager agreed that it was not right and they decided not to charge us for the salad.

Will I go back?  Probably not.  I do not see any value in the food here since I don't usually order very expensive meals nor do I drink alcoholic beverages, but if you like wine, then this is the place for you.  Since I do not drink, this place really has nothing special for me.  My wife will mostly like go here again because she does like the salad when done right, but will probably back to the Wheeling location for lunches.

We tipped the waitress well and based it on the full amount had we paid for the salad since it was not her fault that the salad was not good.  She was a good waitress and deserved her tip.

Oh yeah... I bought my wife some flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment