Sunday, October 21, 2018

Seven Small Blue Crabs On The Wok




Blue Crabs were on sale at our local H-Mart supermarket for only $1.99 / lb, so I had to get some!

Since it was only me eating crabs today, I decided to just get seven of them.  I cleaned them up first before cooking them removing the deadman's fingers (basically, their gills) and also the innards (some call it the tamale).  I don't eat the tamale like some people do.

Six of the seven crabs were females and they all had eggs.  I tried to keep as much of the eggs, but cleaning out the insides, you lose a lot of it.

I stir-fried them in the large outdoor wok with scallions, ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper.  Stir-frying the crabs is the easiest way to cook them.

Thanks to my wife for giving me a nice plate to use to take a final photo of the crabs!

All images taken with a Canon 70D and Canon 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 lens.  Custom White Balanced with a Balanced Exposure CWB reflector.

To see a video of the crabs cooking, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment