Friday, October 5, 2018

Chicken Drumsticks On The Red Weber Kettle



Not smoking today, but using the kettle instead for chicken legs!
These racks really work well. I am doing two batches today. This is the first one.
I put the racks right on the charcoal grate and use the side baskets to keep the charcoal off of the chicken. Just fits, but it works. I have a drip pan below the charcoal grate to pick up drippings from the legs. All vents wide open. I cook until the legs hit a minimum of 165 degrees but usually like going another 5-10 degrees higher to be safe.
I swap the racks to the other side every 15 minutes and keep doing that until my desired temp is hit. This way, all of the drumsticks get heat.
Really, this is so easy. If you are a lazy cook like me, this is as easy as it gets. No flare-ups from the fat drippings too! Doesn't get any easier than this. Fits the 22.5" kettle if you use the racks and Weber's own side baskets.
Yes... lots of drumsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment