Sunday, October 14, 2018

Pork Chops with Rub





I made pork chops since there were two left over from the pack I bought last week.

This time, I put Kick Butt Rib Rub's Honey Chipotle rub on one side of the pork and then Rufus Teague's Meat Rub on the other side.  I heated the Blacklock #8 cast iron skillet on the stove, put in some oil and then fried the chops.  The Blacklock is very well seasoned, so the pork chops really never stick to it.

I left each side alone as they fried and only turned them over when they released from the pan and didn't stick to it.  I let the second side fry the same way and then checked the internal temperature of each chop and stopped cooking when they hit 165 degrees internally.

The pork chops came out great!  I don't think there really is a need to finish these off in an oven like I did last time.  Worked just fine on the stovetop!  I used a splatter screen to keep the oil from getting all over the place.  You can get these at most dollar stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment