Wednesday, October 17, 2018

IHOP - No IHOP Senior Discount Like Last Time - But AARP Discounts Apply





My wife and I went to IHOP in Buffalo Grove for dinner expecting to get a senior discount like we did the last time, but unfortunately, this particular IHOP didn't offer that discount!  We were able however to apply a 10% AARP discount though.  Still, the "Buy One, Get the Second Free" would have been better.

I ordered a Spinach and Mushroom Omelette (without onions) with Hash Browns and my wife ordered a Turkey on Marbled Rye sandwich.  Sorry the photo isn't as sharp, but it was the best I could do with an iPhone in there.  The syrup photo isn't too sharp either, but I decided to include it anyway.

Overall, I think I'm done with IHOP.  Nothing really that special in their menu although if you want breakfast foods or burgers or a sandwich, it's fine.  Nothing stands out to mention, but my wife said that the bread was really good on her sandwich.  Eh...

My omelette plate had "dirty" edges, but the plate wasn't really dirty.  It's just old and has been rubbing against other plates too long.  I think when the plate starts looking like this, the restaurant needs to start retiring those plates.  Presentation-wise, it's a smarter move.

No comments:

Post a Comment