Thursday, January 24, 2019

Cannoli - A Guilty Pleasure


When I was young my dad's company had an Italian woman who worked there and made homemade cannoli's.  She would always give some to my dad to bring home for us.  They were great!  Whenever I see cannoli's, it brings me back to that time.

I saw this cannoli at my local supermarket so I thought I'd give it a try.  Was it as good?  It was ok, but not great.  It tasted and had a texture more like a cookie with cannoli sweet cream cheese rather than what I was used to.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad.  But it wasn't exactly like what I was expecting.

I've had cannoli's from Italian restaurants before and those remind me of what I remember in my youth.  I guess sometimes you just have to get them from a place that specializes in Italian food!  Still, it was better to have it than not!  Try a cannoli the next time you see one!

(The image was taken with a Canon G7xMkII point and shoot camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment