Sunday, January 20, 2019

Pork Loin in a Field Company No. 8 Skillet





I took another stab at cooking pork loin but this time I cooked it in a Field Company No. 8 skillet.  I also did not put a cover on it but instead used two splatter screens to allow the steam to escape.  I also did not put it in the oven but kept it on the stove top the entire time.

In addition, I cooked the meat to the current USDA recommended temperature of 145 degrees internal temp with 3 minutes of rest time.

Overall I felt that this time the pork loin was much more moist.  I believe I overcooked the last time and dried out the pork loin.  But by keeping it on the stove top, releasing the steam but not covering the pan and stopping the cook at 145 degrees internal temperature, the results were much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment