Friday, January 18, 2019

Pork Loin on the Blacklock Cast Iron Skillet





I cooked two pork loins in a single Blacklock #8 cast iron skillet... one with salt, pepper and soy sauce, the other with Kick Butt Rib Rub - Chipotle Honey. The Blacklock skillet was made between 1896 and 1910. It's my oldest skillet and has amazing seasoning on it. Nothing sticks to that thing!

I preheated the skillet in the oven at 400 degrees and then placed the two pieces of pork in the skillet to sear it on the stove top. I covered it with a Lodge cover that came on my Lodge 5 Qt Dutch Oven. Fits almost perfectly! After searing, the skillet and cover were put into the oven for 17 minutes.

Tasted fine, but a bit drier than I would have preferred. Got to work on how to keep it moist. Pork loin has very little fat so it's hard to cook properly to keep moist. I need more research on cooking it properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment