Monday, January 28, 2019

Yes... Another Pork Loin





Yes, once again, I have made a pork loin.  I have so much of this in the freezer that the only way to reduce the supply is to keep cooking it!

This time I tried to keep the thick loin at the recommended cooking temp of 145 degrees internal, but I overshot it by a bit.  Still, at 156 degrees and 3 minutes of rest, the loin came out great!  I did the "constant flip" method this time, turning the meat over every minute or so after the initial browning.

Speaking of browning, there's no way you can brown meat on a teflon-coated pan!  A cast iron or carbon steel pan is needed to do that and the Field Company No. 8 cast iron skillet did not disappoint!  Great crust on the meat and still tender and moist inside.  One of the better pieces so far!  Seasoned only with salt and pepper.

Images taken with the Canon G7xMkII at ISO 640, 1/15 second, f4.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment