Friday, January 18, 2019

Kona Grill - Lincolnshire, IL - Birthday Lunch



My two high school buddies and my brother took me to lunch at Kona Grill in Lincolnshire, IL to celebrate my 60th birthday!  I had the "Combo" Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp.  Thanks guys!

The food was very good, but they initially brought out two plates of Kona Sitr Fry for my brother and me.  We both had ordered the Pad Thai, so they got our order wrong.  My two high school friends got their order correct however.  The manager came over to apologize, but it was no big deal.  Within less than 10 minutes, they had the correct dishes out to us.

The restaurant smelled like a gas leak initially when we came in.  We all noticed it and the waiter acknowledged that he smelled it too when he came in to work.  Eventually, we either got used to the smell or it dissipated after a while, not sure which.

I asked the waiter to take our photo.  I think waiters are always being asked to take photos for groups of people when they go out to dine!

Lunch was good and we always have a good time catching up on what's been happening since the last lunch we had together.  Every quarter year, one of us has a birthday.  We had been going to RAM restaurant in Wheeling, IL, but they had recently closed.  We won't miss it too much as we had noticed that the service and menu had been changing over the years and not for the better.

We'll need to find a different place to go for lunches going forward.  Kona Grill while nice, is a bit pricey for our lunches so we'll have to keep an eye open for a restaurant equal distance to all of us.

The photos were taken with the new little Canon G7x Mk II point and shoot camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment